Sunday, March 29, 2009

All I Want to Do is Garden


Our yard is filling in, albeit slowly. 

Discovering lots of inspiration from others. Love Vanessa Kuemmerle's work especially her Ocean Ave garden with the use of Balinese doors for an entry (above). 

You've probably seen Flora Grubb's gorgeous work - she's the IT Garden Girl. She landscaped the Bardessono Hotel, a new LEED-Platinum hotel in Yountville, with a fab Tillandsia and succulent vertical garden. Even the New York Times had nice things to say. My mom and I had such a swell field trip to Flora's garden last month.

What I'd really like to do today is hang out in Marcia Donahue's paradise, which she opens to the public most Sundays, 1-5pm. She's in Berkeley at 3017 Wheeler St. Instead, I will go to the zoo with DH and the kids, and then my daughter's piano recital....

No comments:

Post a Comment